The 2007 Ultimate Blog Party had almost 1000 entries. Since this year’s edition began on Friday March 7th, there are already over 800 participants but not to worry, there are also over 150 prizes up for grabs.
The Ultimate Blog Party 2008
In Janice’s words: “basically, The Ultimate Blog Party is a carnival for you to meet other mom bloggers, have fun and win prizes.”
- Limited to women bloggers only! Sorry guys. You don’t have to be a mother, however.
- Put one of the invitation buttons in your blog’s sidebar.
- Write a post hosting a party on your blog and inviting all your friends to the Ultimate Blog Party. From the announcement: “throw a party that showcases your blog and your style. Add some pictures, music, video, slide show, or even a voice post, decorate, include recipes, make your guests laugh – whatever you want. Be creative and have fun! And, of course, make sure you introduce yourself.”
- The post must link back to the announcement post.
- Be nice. From the announcement: “please keep your party posts family friendly…we just ask you to be considerate of one another.” If you do see an offensive post, tell the party organizers.
- There are 2 ways to submit your entry involving the Mr. Linky submission form at the end of the announcement post. The easiest way is to submit your entry’s permalink url. If you prefer though, make your entry a sticky post on your blog and then submit your blog’s url to Mr. Linky. The advantage of the latter is that once the contest is over, you can unstick your contest entry and the link will continue sending people to your homepage.
- Leave a comment at the end of the announcement post. Prizes will be drawn randomly from those comments. This way non-bloggers can also have a chance to win but they need to comment on at least 20 entries to be eligible for a prize.
The long prize list is divided into 3 categories via shipping destination: US Continental Only (vast majority), International (dozen) and Canadian Only (handful). The free stay at the Italian bed-and-breakfast sure sounds nice.
Friday March 14th 2008, 12pm Eastern Time Zone.
As people post their entries.