After his call for sponsorship and overcoming blog hosting issues, Jacob Cass has just launched what could become the biggest Graphic Design group writing project yet.
There are over US$5000 in prizes!
In Jacob’s words: “By ‘Graphic Design’ I mean some sort of a post that gives advice, tips, resources lists or a tutorial on how to do something. What it’s about is totally up to you.”
- Writing a new post on the subject of graphic design
- Posts must be not be older than February 17th, 2008
- Can be in any language
- Contact Jacob with your name, title of your post and its permalink url.
- Recommended but not required: You should link back to Jacob’s announcement post.
- Jacob also recommends: “As I post the articles on this page, you should surf the submissions, leave comments and make connections with other fellow graphic designers and subscribers alike. Enjoy what others have to say.” Then post a list of your own favorites.
- Only 1 prize per person, not per blog (but you can submit articles from more than 1 blog for more entries, read on for details)
There are A LOT of them, including 4 main prize packages and a long list of bonus prizes that would interest any blogger, like Daniel Scocco of Daily Blog Tips offering a 1 hour blog consultation. Plus, Jacob is wisely continuing to accept sponsors until the submission deadline so the list might get even longer.
Prizes will be awarded according to random draws from the pool of “entries” after the submission deadline.
What Jacob calls “entries” are what I would call lottery tickets. For example, simply by participating with a post in the group writing project will earn you 15 entries in the draw, similar to having 15 sets of numbers in a lottery. There also ways to earn dozens more entries by linking to sponsors, subscribing to Jacob’s Just Creative Design blog, etc. See Jacob’s announcement post for more details.
Here is the full prize list as of today
1st Prize Package – The Guitar Package
An Electric Guitar and all accessories – from Rafie from mohdrafie.co.uk.
2nd Prize – The Stock Package
- Go Media Vector Packs – Ultimate Vector Collection 1 – 597 Vectors royalty free. (Worth $523)
- Adobe Photoshop Brush Pack – A collection of 80 quality royalty free photoshop brushes.
- 55 iStock Photo Credits from PJ, who owns a Premium WordPress Theme showcase.
3rd Prize – The ReDesign & Advertising Package #1
- Design Consultation with David Airey of Logo Design Love, the designer of Group Writing Projects’ logo.
- Logo design OR blog header design by Jacob Cass himself.
- One 131×63 advertising space from Toon over on Estetica Design Forums which gets 25,000 visitors a month.
- 2 Months Free Advertising – Seven 16×16 pixel squares on Just Creative Design. Will go to only 1 person.
4th Prize – ReDesign & Advertising Package #2
- Logo Design by Vivien from InspirationBit.
- Web site or blog critique – also donated by Vivien. The winner can choose between Vivien’s review by email or on her blog Inspiration Bit, with a link back to the winner’s site.
- 1 hour consultation on WordPress’s Theme Customisation over Skype, or AIM, or MSN. This prize was also kindly donated by Vivien.
- One 131×63 advertising banner on the above Estetica Design Forums.
Each singular prize will go to a unique person. ie. Blog review to one person, header design to another person.
- One hour blog optimization consultation with Daniel Scocco of Daily Blog Tips.
- A Blog Header design by Audee from from Graphic Identity.
- A Blog Review from Rob of Bloggeries.
- Two Months Free Advertising – One 16×16 pixel square on Jacob Cass’s Just Creative Design.
- Sandisk USB Multi Memory Card Reader for Mobiles
- 39% reduction off any magazine subscription from www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk
- Ultimate WebMaster Pack – Building A Blog Empire eBook, Ultimate Super Tips eBook, Internet Marketing eBook, 114 Flash Banners, 100 Website Templates, 78 PHP and Perl CGI Scripts plus lots of other small goodies. Kindly donated by JasMate from Digital Point Forums.
- 260×120px banner for 1 month on Freelance Folder.
- 160×240 advertising spot on the The Minty Ferret for the months of March & April 2008.
- One Year Flickr Pro account from Creative Curio.
- Indepth Blog Critque and Review– Ruchir from Technomoney.
- Three gold subscriptions good for one year at GetAbstract.com – worth $299 each.
- 30 minute Skype type chat discussion on industrial design or product design consultation from Design Sojourn.
- Late prize sponsors will gladly be accepted up until the prize draw time on Tuesday the 4th and be added to the list of sponsors. The late prize sponsors will be listed under this ‘bonus prizes’ section. All sponsors will get a mention on all pages plus a random 9 will get a months 16×16 ad on Just Creative Design. These 9 free ads will be drawn in a separate draw.
Tuesday, March 4th, 2008
The next day: Wednesday, March 5th, 2008